logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Spurious points & Basecamp blank tiles

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 11 09:47:39 GMT 2016

Hi Teemu,

Maybe I have a fix for this. We have special code in mkgmap for
POI with type >= 0x0100 && type <= 0x1100, they are considered to be cities
and those are special.
With the attached patch only those with subtype = 0 are:
type >= 0x0100 && type <= 0x1100 && (type & 0xff) == 0

This seems to fix the problem, but maybe it is only a workaround.
Another observation: The MP file gives a label for each of these 0x1001 POI,
the pbf file doesn't.

A binary based on r3701 is here:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/312/mkgmap.jar

type_0x1001.patch