logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] metres to fee issue with mp contour files

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Wed Nov 9 21:50:12 GMT 2016

Hi Gerd

I realise this has been discussed before but I certainly have been
unable to convert m to ft in contour mps created by Groundtruth.

It seems mkgmap ignores *Elevation=m* and presumes numerical data, ie
label=50 refers to feet by default.

As a result Basecamp /always / treats the resulting img as containing feet
data which when converted to metric is never rounded off to the nearest 10.

An example of a contour mp containic metric data can be found  here
<http://www.pinns.co.uk/osm/bits/12345678.mp>

Its not urgent as I can use srtm2osm which works fine although it's slower.

Thanks

Nick