logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch to write polygons in decreasing order

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Sat Oct 29 06:12:03 BST 2016

Having examined a 'blue' map more closely the polygon type structure is more
complicated:

My blue map of the Southwest coast of England  only uses extended types: ie

Here are some of the polygons:

0x10104 base map similar to 0x4a or 0x4b (Interestingly I can't detect any
4a or 4b)

0x10101 = land

0x10301 = intertidal (green)

0x10302 0x10304 -0x10305 depth areas (shades of blue)

0x10409 Danger Area

0x10507 tidal area

etc

As stated earlier TYP files have no effect on colour nor draworder.
I looks like the imgs contain (GMP) tiles and in this respect are similar to
Garmin GB Discoverer maps etc