logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch to write polygons in decreasing order

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Sat Oct 22 14:00:09 BST 2016

Hi Gerd

I've reproduced the crash.

I think the problem is that area.getEstimatedSizes() (called from
MapSplitter.addAreasToList) doesn't reflects what will go into the area
when the option is in effect and so addAreasToList might keep
recursing.

I need to think about this more deeply. There is a related issue where
complex shapes are split earlier when there probably is no need because
they will be split later to scattered into lots of subDivisions.

Concerning the other problems:

It wasn't dead code - rather a function with side effects - I'll re
-code it.

Sorry about Long vs long.

I notice ShapeMergeFilterTest in the patch. I experimented a bit with
mergeShapes and was surprised it wasn't doing a bit of merging when my
option was in effect - I was expecting it join bits of the complex
shapes mentioned earlier.

I'm away on holiday next week. I should be able to send you something
in a couple of weeks time.

Regards
Ticker