logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Lake Geneva

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Oct 11 23:04:51 BST 2016

Hi Steph,

my guess this is the problem of cutting data at the border.

Did you use some tools like osmosis with bounding polygon? It looks like
the lake was cut with the border, but border is not added to polygon
shape. There is straight line instead, which moves water on wrong side
of coast line.

If you cut data with an option to preserve whole objects, then you will
still get some problems, like for example whole lake but missing all
data on an islands outside the border. The best solution I have found is
to use bigger area (like full Europe in your case) and bounding polygon
in splitter. This way you get all tiles filed with proper data, even
outside bounding border.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej