logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource crashes while calculating a route

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Thu Sep 29 17:05:21 BST 2016

Hi Gerd,

for some time mkgmap prints following messages, when compiling routable
map with 23 bits on layer 0:

SEVERE (RoadDef): 29467460.osm.pbf: internal error? The nodeCount
doesn't match value calculated by RoadNetWork:
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/41895544)

My guess is, that this is still the same problem, as in this old thread:
 > All routines that prepare the road data are calculating
 > the coordinates in map units (resolution 24).
 > The rounding to resolution 23 happens later.

I think 23 bits for routable map is not a priority, but maybe you could
look at it again? It would be a nice feature for creating maps for car
navigation, where details aren't important but size of the map is.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej