logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re-using a splitter result

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jul 31 20:59:56 BST 2016

Sure, splitter creates a file template.args which contains

a map name and a file name for each OSM input file.

All you have to do it to write a small script to create three versions

of this file. Another option could be to use --polygon-desc-file:

 --polygon-desc-file   An osm file (.o5m, .pbf, .osm) with named ways that
                       describe bounding polygons with OSM ways having tags
                       name and mapid
If you use that, splitter generates the template.args file for you.

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Bernhard Hiller <bhil at gmx.de>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 31. Juli 2016 21:43:38
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Re-using a splitter result

>From one data extract (comprising Germany, Austria, Switzerland,
Czechia, Belgium, Netherlands), I create 3 maps:
- a routable map for car with id 4312
- a routable map for bicycle with id 4311
- a shared map with points of interest, areas, and some lines (river,
railway, etc) with id 4310
Due to an "activity routing" capable firmware, the routable maps must be
separated.
Currently, I call splitter 3 times, with those different ids, and
different names. All other parameters for splitter stay unchanged. That
process costs a lot of time.
Is there some way to use the result of splitter for all three maps?