logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with routing on Etrek 20 with latest firmware

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Jul 28 23:18:24 BST 2016

I've noted that recently Basecamp routing is very problematic if you don't
start or end on a street. In general Basecamp routing got much worse with
the last 2-3 versions. Also on some devices there are degradations.

On 28 July 2016 at 21:34, ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 05:43:53PM +0000, Gary Bamford wrote:
> > I have seen something similar, but only when i copy a map to the gps,
> rather than copy it to the sd card and then put the sd card into the gps,
> power cycling the gps after copying your new map may solve the problem
>

> Again, thanks. In fact I remove the usdhc card from the Etrex - which
> involves removing the batteries -, mount it on a PC (under linux), place
> the map.img file into the /sdhc/Garmin/ directory, umount it and place
> back into the Etrex. That is my regular routine for updating maps which
> has worked for years.
>
> So as you see, power cycling the gps is inherent in the process. In any
> case, I changed the batteries anyway as a check when I first encountered
> the problem.
>
> ael

Schusterbergweg 32/8
6020 Innsbruck