logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why do we render place=island polygons in the default style?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jul 25 14:34:19 BST 2016

Hi Andrzej

sure, we want to have the POI, I don't want to touch the rules in points.

Reg. coastline: My thinking is that we can ignore even small islands when they have

the natural=coastline attribute, so something like

place=island & name=* & area_size() < 1000000 & !(natural=coastline) [0x53 resolution 19]

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Montag, 25. Juli 2016 15:22:26
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Why do we render place=island polygons in the default style?

Hi Gerd,

I guess there could exist instances, where sea/lake doesn't include a
hole and island can be overlaid over water. But these are errors easy to
correct in OSM data. Other function for these objects is to add a label
to an area.

In my styles I have removed islands from polygons but left them as a
POI. From your suggestions I would prefer to limit islands by size,
condition natural!=coastline probably won't work correctly for/because
of relations.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej