logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option to output polygons in size order

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jul 24 08:05:23 BST 2016

Hi Ticker,

Ticker Berkin wrote
> I'd understood and hoped that, for areas with the same level it
> rendered areas in file order, and I see on my device it overwriting,
> sometimes woods with island, sometimes the other way around, depending
> on, I presumed, the input ordering. I see the exactly the same
> overwriting effect zooming in or scrolling in any direction.
>
> What is the scale of the 'sub areas' you mention?

I should have said sub division , and they have no specific scale.
They are used to group nearby elements, and they have several limits
like "not more than 255 points and not more than 255 lines in one sub div"
For details see first the imgformat-1.0.pdf from Mechalas:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/garmin-img/files/OldFiles/imgformat.pdf/download
Other sources:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/IMG_File_Format
(which has more links at the end)

Reg. the British Islands polygon: If I got that right this is the
very complex mp-relation
(don't use the link, the thing is too complex)
It was added 2016-03-09 so maybe the problem is rather new and nobody
noticed it. I think it makes no sense to render that polygon, the rules
in the default style should be changed to check the
area_size() for place=island so that large polygons are ignored.
I'll try to find a reasonable value.