logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] improve LinePreparer to reduce img size

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Jul 19 12:09:15 BST 2016

Hi Gerd,

this is great improvement, thanks! I have tested your patch on a road
map and get about 4% decrease of map size. I'm compiling topo map now, I
think it is over 10% size reduction.

I would like to suggest some optimizing of code. I think, you can get
optimum bit length directly in procedure calcDeltas from LinePreparer.
Just instead of only looking for min/max bit length, create full
profile: number of legs vs bit length, so you can estimate full bit size
like you have done it in your previous posts, without actually
processing a line. I hope this makes sens, I don't know your code so well.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej