logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] no cities found on large areas with --x-split-name-index option

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Jul 5 14:24:06 BST 2016

On Tue, Jul 05, Ben Konrath wrote:

> For the map of Canada, the cities still show up in the list but they aren't
> found if you search for them. Removing --x-split-name-index fixes the
> problem. It's not a huge issue because I can just remove this option but I
> did want to report the problem to you.

I saw this already for cities, too.
Looks like to me, af if the index get's too big, some devices will not
use it anymore.
I guess if you search for cities in the near, they are still shown?
I have the same problem if my maps have too many POI: in that case,
suddenly some POIs will not be found anymore via the normal search.
But searching for POIs in the near will display them.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)