logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Removing building polygons from the map

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jul 2 07:37:12 BST 2016

Hi Alexandre,

in case you did not yet find out:

The POI are generated by mkgmap before the style rules are processed, so whatever you do in the polygon style file should not

influence the generated POI.

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Alexandre de Menezes <afmlistas at terra.com.br>
Gesendet: Sonntag, 12. Juni 2016 23:51:17
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Removing building polygons from the map

Hi everyone,

The styles I am using add polygons to every building on the map.  I never thought it was a problem, but recently someone did a mass import of all the buildings in my city and I started to get performance problems during GPS use.  I want to avoid the polygons on the map, but I don't want to miss the POIs.

I had partial success editing the polygon style file and removing this line:

# building tag should be last
#(building=* | amenity=*) & area!=no & amenity!=grave_yard [0x13 resolution 24]

I believe this removes all buildings for which there's no other rule converting it to a POI.  Can I remove all the other building polys too, since I am using the --add-pois-to-areas option, or I this will discard all the POIs?

Thanks in advance,

    Alexandre de Menezes