logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Removing building polygons from the map

From Alexandre de Menezes afmlistas at terra.com.br on Sun Jun 12 22:51:17 BST 2016

Hi everyone,

The styles I am using add polygons to every building on the map. I never
thought it was a problem, but recently someone did a mass import of all
the buildings in my city and I started to get performance problems
during GPS use.  I want to avoid the polygons on the map, but I don't
want to miss the POIs.

I had partial success editing the polygon style file and removing this line:

|# building tag should be last
#(building=* | amenity=*) & area!=no & amenity!=grave_yard [0x13
resolution 24]|

I believe this removes all buildings for which there's no other rule
converting it to a POI.  Can I remove all the other building polys too,
since I am using the --add-pois-to-areas option, or I this will discard
all the POIs?

Thanks in advance,

     Alexandre de Menezes