logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Change resolution for towers in own style

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Apr 4 11:10:51 BST 2016

Hi Achim,

I assume that the change has an effect on the img file, means,
mkgmap should produce a different output. You may check this with
GPSMapEdit, it can show these details.
If I got that right the Garmin devices have their own rules
reg. the display of POIs, maybe it helps when you use a different
type instead of 0x6411.
I don't know much about QLandkarte, but I think it is open source,
so you may get help there:
http://www.qlandkarte.org/530747a0730821603/index.html

If you cannot run GPSMapEdit, you may post a link to your style and the
mkgmap options so that we can check what happens.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Achim Öhlenschläger <achim at webmail.mengelbach.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 4. April 2016 09:44
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Change resolution for towers in own style

Hi,

I want to create a map for my 60csx by just using a very small subset of OSM
data for aviation use.
To do this I copy fragments from the default style to my own style (using single
file aproach).
This works well for the major roads, the rivers and water areas and the runways.

However when using
man_made=tower|man_made=mast|landmark=chimney [0x6411 resolution 24]
I cannot change the resolution.
Changing the number in the line above has no effect, neither in QLandkarte nor
in my 60xsc.
I want the towers to appear in a much more "zoomed-out" state.

Any ideas why and how to overcome it?

Thank you,
Achim