logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with splitter: Failed to find a correct split

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Mar 26 20:19:15 GMT 2016

Hi

> I tried to find out why splitter uses the bounding box provided in the file.
>
> The feature was added by Chris Miller with splitter release 102 with
> this comment:
>
> "Added support for the <bounds/> tag in OSM files. Also added a
> --status-freq parameter to periodically display status information."
>
> I searched the archives to find out why this was done but found no hint,
> can anybody remember what problem
>
> he wanted to solve ?

I expect it was just implemented for completeness.  I have a file from
slightly earlier and it has a <bound> tag rather than a <bounds> tag.
So <bounds> was probably newish around that time, I don't recall where
it came from.

..Steve