logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Has anyone built NO-LEFT icons like the way JOSM shows them?

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Mon Mar 21 23:16:18 GMT 2016

Yes, AFAIK you would need multiple icons.

I have done something similar for LPG stations. In my TYP file there is an
icon for a standard fuel station. It's a miniature gas pump like the one
GArmin has built in. I have another icon that contains the characters LPG
(written vertically) to the left of a transparent section that is large
enough to allow the pump icon to be visible too. This allows me to use
various other custom fuel icons on my maps and merely overlay the LPG icon
when needed. If you still have my TYP file you can check out the appearance
of those icons yourself. I don't think it matters if you use track up or
north up but Gerd will know the answer to that one. I can't recall how my
display works as I almost never use track up.

In my points style I use the following rules:

amenity=fuel & fuel:lpg=yes [ 0x2f16 resolution 24 continue]  #0x2f16 sets
the letters LPG vertically but does not end processing
amenity=fuel [0x2f01 resolution 24]

To do a similar thing for turn arrows one would make separate icons (either
square or round) that are transparent and put an arrow into each corner, as
you suggested in your post; a left turn arrow, a right turn arrow, and
whatever other symbols you want to show.

Dave

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:35 PM, greg crago <gregcrago at gmail.com> wrote:

> JOSM shows individual NO LEFT turn icons at the right side of each
> intersection, if it is set
>
> It seems to me I would have to make 4 separate TYP symbols and lock my GPS
> in NORTH-UP mode to keep orientation.
>
> I would also have to place a small NO LEFT turn symbol in each quadrant of
> each TYP symbol and only use the appropriate icon.
>
> I just do not know how to write the code. Has anyone done this?
>
> Greg

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand