logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Mar 12 07:01:58 GMT 2016

Hi Andrzej,

I did not notice the "Road sign" feature in cGPSmapper until now. Sounds like
a nice alternative to the existing method in mkgmap, but someone has
to find out how the road signs are encoded in the img format.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. März 2016 22:57
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

Hi Alexandre,

my first guess was, that mkgmap uses feature called in cGPSmapper "road
sign". This works similar to restrictions and needs multiple legs to
indicate road path associated with road sign.

Now I rather think that destination hints are simply short legs of
standard road inserted into road links. This configuration probably
needs a link before inserted leg to generate required hint in GPS. That
could be the reason for splitting links. I'm not sure, maybe someone can
comment.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej