logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

From Alexandre Loss alexandre.loss at gmail.com on Thu Mar 10 00:13:59 GMT 2016

Hi Gerd,

I confirmed in practical tests that dest_hint began to be generated with
link of at least 10 meters.

Hi Andrzej,

I have many dest_hint working as a charm in links with only 2 nodes, also
linking a main road to a secondary one, both two way. However, link must be
oneway and at least 10m length (as discovered today).

For now there is only one situation where I found that the link must
be splitted.
It is when the exit is over a link in "V". Let me explain better...

1. Suppose the following situation where you have a main road (red, don't
care if oneway or not), a secondary road (blue) and a link (grey, oneway)
with a exit/destination from main to secondary road.

2. However, the link is a way of 3 nodes, forming a "V": node 1 starting in
main road; node 2 is the "V" bottom connecting the secondary road; and,
node 3 is ending back in main road.

[image: Imagem inline 2]

Note that exit way linking main to secondary road is in fact a "leg" of the
"V" with only two nodes. In this situation, the dest_hint doesn't work and
I must splitte this "leg" of the link to have at least 3 nodes. Some thing
like that:

[image: Imagem inline 4]
Splitting this way, the dest_hint works as expected.

regards,

Alexandre