logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Mar 9 18:40:12 GMT 2016

Hi ALexandre,

I did not write the code but I think this snippet in LinkDestinationHook.java answers the question:

                            if (wayLength < 10 && w.getPoints().size() < 3) {
                                log.info("Way", w, "is too short (", wayLength," m) to cut it into several pieces. Cannot place exit hint.");
                                continue;
                            }

I must confess that I don't understand this limit, maybe it was introduced to avoid zig-zagging lines, maybe Garmin ignores

ways which are too short.

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Alexandre Loss <alexandre.loss at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. März 2016 17:55
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Minimum size for a "_link" to process "destination"

Hi mkgmap developers,

I noticed that when a "_link" containing the tag "destination" (trunk_link, for example) is too small, mkgmap doesn't preprocesse the exit (set dest_hint). For example, if this "_link" has only 8 meters size, no destination nor exit hint is generated by mkgmap for this specific "_link".

Could you tell me the "_exit" minimum lenght considered by mkgmap to process destination hint?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Alexandre Loss