logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about using different ROAD CLASS's andROAD SPEED's for one linetype.

From Walter Schlögl Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at on Sun Mar 6 10:03:37 GMT 2016

Hi Greg,

all supermarkets are found in the POI list if you give supermarket the POI Nr 2E02.
shop=books is the POI Nr 2E03, shop=mall is POI Nr 2E04 and so on.

So usually all supermarkets would have the same Icon also,
but with the solution shown below you can give different supermarkets different icons.

If you would just map all Aldi-supermarkets to 3501 without continue
it would get the correct icon, but not found any longer in the search list.

Do you use this feature on your Garmin device, to search for Point of interests?

Walter

From: greg crago
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2016 10:53 PM
To: Development list for mkgmap
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Question about using different ROAD CLASS's andROAD SPEED's for one linetype.

I have re-read your posts and I think I am still confused about your statement

"you can also club together POIs with different Icons to the same POI-List entry"

Again, what is a 'POI-list entry' and how is this a benefit?

I understand about specific store BRANDS and using unique POINTS and then use a GENERIC icon for the rest of the category.

Greg