logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with splitter and bounding polygon

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Mar 6 06:37:16 GMT 2016

Hi Andrzej,

sure, if you change the poly you can avoid the situation. The problem
appears most likely when a highly populated area is close to, but outside of the poly
and a lowly populated area inside and the polygon line is a long diagonal line at this place.

I'll see if I can improve the algo.
I think as long as mkgmap doesn't support poly files we have to solve the problem in splitter.

On the other hand, a simple filter in mkgmap should also be possible. We already have
UnusedElementsRemoverHook.java which magically detects elements in the input file
which will not appear in the output file. If we change this filter to check against a poly
instead of a bbox it might be good enough.
I only hesitate to implement that because one might expect that this woud also
allow splitting maps at country borders, which requires much more work
when routing across these borders should work.