logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with splitter and bounding polygon

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Mar 6 01:00:01 GMT 2016

Hi Gerd,

> I don't yet have a solution, I just know that the current approach
> is not okay.

No easy solution. I think maybe the best would be to trim border tiles
according to bounding polygon. This could be suitable for irregular
tiles too.

Other idea could be to estimate full content of a tile on border, adding
a number of nodes proportional to area outside bounding polygon. This
won't be precise but I guess quite easy to implement.

In my case simplification of bounding polygon was sufficient to get
usable split.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej