logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem uploading data to JOSM wit 20 hour old OSM data, maybe a SPLIITTER issue?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Feb 27 17:26:12 GMT 2016

Hi Greg,

yes, splitter removes the version info because it is meant as a tool for mkgmap.

You should always load current data into JOSM when you plan to edit, else you

may have to fix several conflicts.

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von greg crago <gregcrago at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 27. Februar 2016 16:39
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Problem uploading data to JOSM wit 20 hour old OSM data, maybe a SPLIITTER issue?

I downloaded .a mapset (michigan-latest.osm.pbf) from http://download.geofabrik.de/north-america.html yesterday. The data is about 20 hours old.
North America - Geofabrik<http://download.geofabrik.de/north-america.html>
download.geofabrik.de
Not what you were looking for? Geofabrik is a consulting and software development firm based in Karlsruhe, Germany specializing in OpenStreetMap services.

I had to use SPLITTER r428 with this command:

java -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -ea -jar \MKGMAP\splitter-r428\splitter.jar --max-nodes=1400000 --mapid="12390000" --geonames-file=\MKGMAP\cities15000.zip --description=MI-greg --max-areas="255" --no-trim --status-freq="600" michigan-latest.osm.pbf

Since I could not load the entire Michigan 96MB file into JOSM r9329. The resulting file, 12390006.osm.pbf, is 10.8MB and I imported it into JOSM and copied a NODES tags to an underlying POLYGON and deleted the NODE and tried to upload to the OSM server and got this error message:

"Uploading failed because the server has a newer version of one of your nodes, ways, or relations. Click Synchronize entire dataset to synchronize the entire local dataset with the server"

It is possible that SPLITTER r428 is not preserving the dataset versions or is setting them all to 1 when they really have different versions (eg. 2,3,4)

Greg