logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] when I use SPLITTER to IMPORT om.pbf files into JOSM I get error

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 26 07:23:04 GMT 2016

Hi Michael,

yes, JOSM seems to expect metainfo (version, userid, last change timestamp) and fails to read

a pbf file without that info. No idea why, but I've added a workaround in splitter r428 right now.

I was not aware that JOSM requires version 0.6 now, how crazy is that ?

Instead of using an editor you can use osmconvert:

osmconvert --fake-version <input-file> -o=output.osm

I hesitate to change splitter in this case because the extra information increases the osm.gz files

by ~2% . I'd first like to understand why JOSM doesn't allow api version 0.5 anymore.

Gerd