logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI (point) resolution problem

From Alexandre Loss alexandre.loss at gmail.com on Sun Feb 14 21:00:05 GMT 2016

Hi Gerd,

I reported a problem where I was changing the resolution of a POI of type
amenity:police in the style file point, and this change wasn't been
reflected in the img file produced by mkgmap (it wasn't being shown in the
expected zoom level).

Then Thorsten answered me that this is the normal behavior because some
kind of Garmin code for POI are shown in fixed resolution or following
specific rules depending of the device or software where the img map is
installed. So, this means that don't care what resolution I configure in
point, it will be ignored.

So, in my last mail I was saying that I disagree with Thorsten position,
because when I was using cgpsmapper, I was able to change the resolution of
these POI and they were correctly shown in Mapsource and many devices. I
mean, if cgpsmapper was able the generate img files respecting the
configured resolution, then probably, the fact of points configuration be
ignored should be a mkgmap fault instead of a hardware/software environment
rule.

Thanks,

Alexandre