logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch] hospital POI improvements

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Sat Feb 13 08:59:36 GMT 2016

Hi,

I found a problem with the hospital POIs in the default style. When you use
the 'Where am I? -> Hospitals' functionality, all hospitals, clinics,
dentists and doctors show up in the list. The 'Where am I?' seems like it's
something I would use in an emergency so it makes sense to only add
hospitals with the 'emergency=yes' tag. This patch also splits out
hospitals without emergency departments, clinics, dentists, doctors and
other healthcare providers into separate POIs so people can update the TYP
file if they want.

I tested this patch on my Nuvi 255w and it seems to work. Only hospitals
tagged with 'emergency=yes' show up in the 'Where am I? -> Hospitals' list.
The other POIs turn up with the same heath care plus icon. The only
downside I can see is that not all hospitals are correctly tagged with
'emergency=yes' so these won't be in the 'Where am I? -> Hospitals' list.
In my mind, this a problem with the data and there's not much to do about
except fix it in OSM.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Ben