logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r3665 complie error, removing road_class and road_speed made a non-routable line?

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 10 22:02:06 GMT 2016

Hi Greg,

a line is considered to be a routable line when it has a road_speed or road_classs (or both).

A few line types are special and should not be used for non-routable ways when the map

is created with --route. The style manual says

"It is known that the usage of routable types for non-routable lines in resolution 24 can cause
routing problems (e.g. address search doesn't work). The check will flag rules that assign a routable type for a line in resolution 24 without giving road_class or road_speed. A routable type is between 0x01 and 0x13 or one of: 0x1a, 0x1b, 0x16.
If road_class or road_speed is given in combination with a non-routable type, the rule is flagged.  "

OK?

Gerd

________________________________
Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von greg crago <gregcrago at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2016 22:54
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] mkgmap r3665 complie error, removing road_class and road_speed made a non-routable line?

I made a map and was using my GPS in AUTO RECALCULATE mode and had an avtice Route destination behind me and was deliberately driving in the opposite direction to test out the maps Routing capability. One recalculated route told me to turn on to a RAILROAD TRACK, I looked at my line file and noticed that I gave a ROAD_CLASS and ROAD_SPEED to the RAILROAD LINETYPE 0x01:

(railway=rail | railway=tram | railway=disused | railway=subway | railway=narrow_gauge | railway=light_rail | railway=preserved) & tunnel!=yes & bridge=yes [0x01 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 20]

So I removed the the road class and road speed:

(railway=rail | railway=tram | railway=disused | railway=subway | railway=narrow_gauge | railway=light_rail | railway=preserved) & tunnel!=yes & bridge=yes [0x01 resolution 20]

But now I get a COMPILE ERROR:

Warning: routable type 0x01 is used for non-routable line with level 0. This may break routing. Style file lines, line 273

How did just removing the road class and road speed change this to be a non-routable line??

Greg