logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Creating custom TYP files for OSM maps. I use TYPWIZ4

From greg crago gregcrago at gmail.com on Mon Feb 8 21:22:39 GMT 2016

Some people have been asking what TYP program I use. I use TYPWIZ4 from
Pinns

http://www.pinns.co.uk/osm/typwiz4.html

The FREE version has some limitations, but I have found it so useful, I
have purchased the PERSONAL version for 15 POUNDS.

It creates TYP files or TXT files.

I use the TXT output and add it as the last option in my mkgmap command
line. you set the FID and PID to match the .img file you are creating.

It can make NIGHT images as well.

It makes Polygons, Linetypes and Points.

My maps look super cool, because I can modify any AREA, LINE of POI.

If you want to make money for you maps, he sells a COMMERCIAL version of
TYPWIZ4.

Greg