logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] House number search - inaccuracy in city assignment

From Steffen Neumann sn at litotes.de on Sun Feb 7 12:14:39 GMT 2016

On 07.02.2016 12:59, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 07, Steffen Neumann wrote:
>
>> Morning everybody,
>>
>> playing around with my Garmin Nuvi I came across a problem with the
>> house number search.
>>
>> The location is:
>> Germany, Ottobrunn, Ottostrasse 132
>> +48.064630, +11.689558
>>
>> The Nuvi shows the address as:
>> Ottostrasse 132, Hohenbrunn (so the city is Hohenbrunn here)
>>
>> But in OSM the house is tagged as:
>> Ottostrasse 132, Ottobrunn (different city compared to Nuvi)
>>
>> So either the Garmin pulled the wrong city out of the house number
>> information or mkgmap put the wrong info in.
>
> Not sure if there is a bug in mkgmap or not, but the data in
> OSM is clearly not Ok. The address exits twice at the same place:
> once with addr:city=Ottobrunn, once with addr:city=Hohenbrunn.
> So maybe mkgmap creates both address records and you only looked
> at the wrong one?
> Since everything except this single address is tagged with
> addr:city=Hohenbrunn and the house is inside of the address
> boundary of Hohenbrunn, so the addr:city=Ottobrunn looks wrong to me.
>
> Thorsten

Indeed, there's a contradiction in the address assignment at that
location. The building is referred to as belonging to Ottobrunn whereas
the POI nearby has the same address but located in Hohenbrunn.
Unfortunately my knowledge of mkgmap is not deep enough to asses whether
my remark in the code is reasonable.
The Nuvi does not find the house number Ottostrasse 132 in Ottobrunn.

Thanks,
Steffen