logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Create different Maps with working routing betweenthem - is it possible?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Jan 25 22:28:02 GMT 2016

Unicode is no problem - except for:
GPS Maps 64 series, Edge 1000 series, and maybe etrex 35 touch? Some Nuvi
also don't like Unicode free/mkgmap maps.

On 25 January 2016 at 18:09, Walter Schlögl <Walter.Schloegl-Resch at aon.at>
wrote:

> Hi Andrzej,
>
> since Garmin does not support Unicode,
> I have to use at least different codepages for Europe.
>
> What Garmin Device are you using?
>
> Walter
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Andrzej Popowski
> Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:51 AM
> To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Create different Maps with working routing
> betweenthem - is it possible?
>

> Hi Walter,
>
> At the moment I am looking for a solution for 2 very big parts,
>> which are in total bigger than 4 GB.
>>

> There is no problem with big maps, just do it. All tools support them -
> splitter, mkgamp, BaseCamp + Mapinstall and current GPS. I create map of
> Europe, which is about 11GB, it works fine. I use 64-bit java to compile
> big maps.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej