logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index with little ram?

From Arndt arndt at speichenkarte.de on Sun Jan 24 17:47:16 GMT 2016

6GB for Europa? I use the extract "Europa" from the geofabrik. With my style a
12GB Machine failed.
I make a Test with the "Balearen". With my style the mdr-file has 6,5MB. With
the default style only 5 MB.
In my style some ways exists more than one time. For example a street with
surface=cobblestone. There are 3 lines, one invisibel for routing, one for the
look and one for a marker, that the surface is bad.
Is it right, that only lines with highway=* use for adresses? Perhaps its
possibel to use only one highway Tag for the ways and for the other infos i use
a custom word.
Why it is necessary that the mdr build in only one step? Perhaps it ist
possibel, that this run a few rounds.
x-split towns:
Bad Honnef
El Paso
El Arenal
Wildbad Kreuth
Arndt
Steve Sgalowski:
yet it works for me just takes some fidleing around with some  variables

doeing dach map now

Thomas Morgenstern:
Hallo Arndt, ich nutze einen PC mit 6 GB RAM, und weise in der Commandline zum
start von mkgmap java 5500MB zu .Damit mit kann ich den europai_mdr.img
erstellen. Habe aber die x-splitt-name-index  nicht benutzt. Auch die
gmapsupp-option nutze ich nicht.