logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] reduce line distortion

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 20 15:49:47 GMT 2016

Hi all,

in a private mail Minko pointed out that the changes in the housenumber code

introduced a "cosmetic problem":

If the housenumber code adds a so called number node to a road and the style

also added one or more overlays for that road the road and the overlay line(s) may no

longer be the same. In some cases the added number node was > 1 m from the overlay line(s),

so the map looks as if there are two roads.

The attached patch changes the calculation of the position of the number node so that

smaller distortion is preferred. It also simplifies the code, which should be continued ...

I think a distance of less than 0.4 m is not visible, and nearly all calculated points are

now closer than that.

A binary based on r3658 is here:

http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/287/mkgmap.jar

If I here no complains I'll commit this patch next Monday.