logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Country unification in address search

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 13 08:34:05 GMT 2015

Hi Thorsten,

I think I found an error in the code, sometimes country
information is normalized, sometimes not. I am just testing the patch...

Von: mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.de>
Gesendet: Freitag, 13. November 2015 09:31
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Country unification in address search

Hi,

after quite some testing, I think we see a problem of a corrupted
or wrong index.
All tests are done with my GPSMap 62s.

On Thu, Nov 12, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

> On my device I have the choice between "Oesterreich" and "AUT".
> Below "AUT" I can only find very few streets. I haven't found
> out yet why this is the case, the data looks ok.
>
> There is one example, look at the OSM data for
> Schlosscafe, Glorietteallee 1, Eisenstadt.

After looking at the OSM data:
- All addresses found below "AUT" are tagged in OSM with country=AT
  This at least tells me, that the mapping AT => AUT is working
- The addresses found below "AUT" looks the same way as the
  ones below "Oesterreich", and according too google and OSM data,
  the addresses are correct (as used in Austria) and fits with the
  OSM data.
- For many of the addresses found only below "AUT": If I select one,
  one of the two things will happen:
  1. the device crashes
  2. I get a list of street names/house numbers/cities I have to choose
     from, which have nothing to do with the address I searched for.

This all let me think that at least my GARMIN device is intrepreting
the address index a little bit different or there is a broken pointer
somewhere in it.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)