logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] feedback on sharp-angles-v4.patch?

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Oct 27 06:51:43 GMT 2015

Hi all,

okay, it took a while because I am busy cleaning up wrong highways...

My thinking was this:
1) We want to enlarge sharp angles because we know that a cyclist
doesn't care that much about them and typically they are not as sharp
in reality.
2) I don't want to enlarge sharp angles at junctions which are only used by
cars, esp. I don't want to introduce time penalties at motorway junctions
and I don't want to remove time penalties at junctions where a turn
restriction
is missing and the Garmin algo avoids routing through the sharp angle.
3) The --cycle-map option allows to ignore the problem cases in 2)
and (with v4) it also allows to enlarge the angles even more.

I guess that this later part is not a good idea, so I've commented that
part of the code and changed the documentation of the option a little bit.

See also svn log for r3649.

Gerd

GerdP wrote