logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v4] sharp angles

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Sep 16 13:12:42 BST 2015

okay - I tested around a bit more. Using v4 patch and cycle-map option -
there was again rather no improvment. I did test out v4 patch without cycle
map - and at least for my maps that seems to turn out better routing
results (not always better streets, but on the same streets faster arrival
times).
So I guess v4 and no --cycle-map is what I'm going to use.

On 16 September 2015 at 12:15, Carlos Dávila <cdavilam at orangecorreo.es>
wrote:

> El 07/09/15 a las 17:42, Gerd Petermann escribió:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> attached is v4 of the patch.
>> Changes:
>> 1) The option --x--fix-sharp-angles is gone.
>> 2) A new option --x-ignore-sharp-angles can be used to disable
>> the code that enlarges sharp angles
>> 3) The option --cylcle-map is now documented (not in detail,
>> as I still work them out). Please try if the option improves routing
>> in cycle maps. It allows changes up to 112° instead of only 45°.
>> 4) known errors were fixed:
>> - use sum of speeds
>> - take into account that values maybe rounded when calculating
>> the new heading(s)
>>
> I have tested the patch and I find it doesn't avoid the "spurious
> instructions to "keep right/left" when the road doesn't actually fork". My
> test case is a route from SW to NE along A-471 (
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/36.8685/-6.1225&layers=T) where I
> get several unnecessary keep right/left instructions at crossings with
> sharp angle links leaving A-471, such as the one at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/36.77762/-6.27642&layers=T The
> number of these unnecessary instructions is lower than without the patch (6
> vs 9).
> The map is produced with a general purpose style, not a cyclist one.

Floragasse 9/11
1040 Wien
Austria - Österreich