logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style: highway=path means unpaved?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Sep 8 09:19:49 BST 2015

Hi all,

I just noted that the default style sets the mkgmap:unpaved
flag for many cycleways, e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/276070019

I see intensive discussions about wrong use of
highway=path and/or wrong interpretation of that tag.

The rule in lines is
(highway=bridleway | highway=path | highway=track | highway=unsurfaced)
& surface!=* & tracktype!=* & smoothness!=* & sac_scale!=*
{ add mkgmap:unpaved=1 }

My understanding is that highway=track is likely to be unpaved, but
highway=path doesn't suggest that, esp. not in combination with
bicycle=designated.

Does anybody have a better solution?