logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r3635: corrections to addr:interpolation way checks

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Aug 29 07:55:59 BST 2015

Hi Anor,

yes, that's right, but I see other errors in this area, for example
WARN: ...osmstyle.housenumber.HousenumberGenerator  f:\osm\anor-carlos.osm: addr:interpolation way http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/349694725 703..1305, step=2 is ignored, it produces duplicate number(s) too far from existing nodes
WARN: ...osmstyle.housenumber.HousenumberGenerator  f:\osm\anor-carlos.osm: addr:interpolation way http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/349694729 1455..2151, step=2 is ignored, it produces duplicate number(s) too far from existing nodes

I don't know for sure how mkgmap should handle OSM data like this.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/349694725  creates a the address housenumber 915,
which also exists as a POI node
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2619888691

The position of the interpolated address is ~86 m east to the position of the POI,
mkgmap r3635 tolerates up to 40 m.
I think the POI should be considered as exact, while interpolated addresses are not.
Now, when mkgmap ignores the interpolated addresss and uses the POI, you will
see strange results for numbers close to the POI, e.g. 913 and 917 are far away from
915 while 915 is found at the right place.

I see only one possible solution for this problem in mkgmap:
It could try to calculate the correct addr:interpolation way by adding the POI node(s).
The result would be like what I did with
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3715350820

I don't know yet how complex that calculation will be.

Gerd