logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Exclude POIs from index

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Aug 25 12:09:16 BST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 25, Dave Swarthout wrote:

> Yes, I already knew that, but thanks. I thought there might be a way to be
> more restrictive but I now think it's just that the All POIs search is just
> what it says it is: it displays *ALL* POIs. It's doing exactly what I told
> it to do.

It is not, or more precise: it depends on your firmware.
I have one device, which is only showing POIs which are part of the
index. So here you can suppress POIs, if you don't put them in the
But I have also two newer devices, which seem to ignore the index
completly and always search for POIs in the image. Here you cannot
suppress any POIs. And even worse, this is of course much slower :(

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)