logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Exclude POIs from index

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Tue Aug 25 10:39:05 BST 2015

Yes, I already knew that, but thanks. I thought there might be a way to be
more restrictive but I now think it's just that the All POIs search is just
what it says it is: it displays *ALL* POIs. It's doing exactly what I told
it to do. I sometimes use that option when I'm on a trip somewhere and
looking for a POI and don't know which category to pick at the top level
search. Having a list of nearby POIs often helps but one has to scroll
through a lot of extra stuff to find anything useful. That's what I was
trying to avoid and that's why I asked the question.

I'm resolved now. Thanks to all.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Andrzej Popowski <popej at poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> when you search for all POIs, then GPS look for all POI that are near your
> current position. It doesn't use index for that kind of search, so you
> can't exclude POIs selectively. You would have to remove them form map.
>
> You can try to search for a category of POIs or search by name to get only
> a selection of POIs.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej