logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] addr:street and street name matching for house number searchs

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Wed Aug 12 12:54:51 BST 2015

HousenumberRoad throws a warning when addr:street from a node and name
of the street the node is next to are not equal, even if they differ
only in the capitalization. See for example nodes
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2486105470 and
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2486105464 (addr:street=carrer del
Montseny) which are next to way http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/8590864
with name=Carrer del Montseny. One of the names is more correct than the
other but, having in mind that Garmin changes capitalization
arbitrarily, I'm not sure if we should keep these warnings.
Another case to discuss is when one of addr:street or way name contains
special letters and the other one not (eg. Asturies vs Astúries). Here
one of the names is wrongly written and should be corrected in OSM data,
so may be worth keeping the warning.