logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What's the meaning of the 'has no region' warnings?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Aug 12 10:14:22 BST 2015

Hi Carlos,

I am not sure if this is an error in mkgmap or not.

If you do what the message says, e.g. using --region-name=xyz,
the message disappears, but I am not sure about the side
effects and why mkgmap doesn't use a default value.

The message is produced by code that handles motorway-exit nodes,
they are stored in some index structures, I have no idea why.
I guess some devices allow (or allowed) to search for exits?

@Steve: The code was introduced with r984 and it used the default
region to create a label instead of first checking the nodes' region attribute.
I don't understand that.

Gerd