logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] sharp angles and routing

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Aug 11 09:57:46 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

My current approach is to evaluate the results of the style, so it is up to the author to decide what
a pedestrian-only way is.
Another point is that we don't need the check for ways which can't be accessed
by bike. I am aware that these checks must be ignored when a special cycling
map is created (or any other special map, we just have to find out meaningful
option names)

I am trying to produce test data to find out in what case Garmin prefers a small detour,
this should help to find concrete rules.

Gerd

To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:44:06 +0200
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] sharp angles and routing

    Well - what is a strict pedestrian only way? highway=pedestrian -
    often can be used with bikes too (going slower)

    highway=footway -- often still outside cities and used for mtbiking
    though maybe not allowed.

    highway=path &  bicycle=no ---> very often nice mtbike trails
    in countries where mtbiking is mainly forbidden like
    Baden-Wuerttemberg or Austria.

    And yeah - oneways could be excluded - but needs some care to not
    exclude them (for cycling maps) if oneway:bicycle=no;
    bicycle:oneway=no; oneway:bicycle=both; ( cycleway=* &
    cycleway!=oneway ) would be the most common keys which mean cycling
    against oneway direction is allowed.

    For me excluding all ways that get tagged road-class=0 or 1, and
    road-speed=0 could be excluded (but sometimes I use continue and
    double ways so it exists with say road-class=4, road-speed=2 as well
    as road-class=0, road-speed=0 in order to get me through sharp turns
    - if the sharp angle fixing would work well - maybe I could drop
    this).

    On 11.08.2015 09:52, Gerd Petermann