logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] sharp angles and routing

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Aug 11 08:52:17 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

okay, I just try to find some criteria so that we find those nodes + arcs which really cause
trouble. A lot of sharp angles are between oneway roads which don't allow traveleling
the sharp angle.
I think that also means that I can add code to ignore sharp angles on pedestrian-only
ways.

Gerd

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:39:11 +0200
From: extremecarver at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] sharp angles and routing

Well - not in Pedestrian mode. I meant if you design a map with road-class=4 as preferred way for pedestrians... Then of course using a non pedestrian profile for routing so it chooses road-class=4 or 3 preferably.
For Pedestrian mode chosen - there is no time penalty for sharp turns - though I did not test if it would prefer ways that point towards the destination at intersections.