logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] What is the idea behind --adjust-turn-headings?

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Aug 10 09:21:03 BST 2015

Hi Felix,

the data flow in the current code makes adding new points or arcs very
difficult,
while changing the value for the heading of an arc is very simple and can be
done
with minimal impact on the size of the NOD file.
Adding new points means adding new routing nodes and arcs, if we have to
that
we should only do it where needed.
The big problem is to decide under what conditions a heading has to be
changed.
I'll think about it again, if I find no solution I'll post a patch that
reports
the places where we have sharp angles. Maybe someone else finds good
criteria
to decide whether a junction needs changes and if so, which arcs' headings
should be changed.

Gerd

Felix Hartmann-2 wrote