logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] "too many restrictions" mkgmap message

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Jul 2 21:47:59 BST 2015

Hi Alexandre

> I'm getting the error "too many restrictions" when compiling one of my
> maps with the as you can see in the out put bellow:

It means that there are more than 32767 restrictions for a group of
roads.  A group of roads is usually around 100 or 200 or so.

It seems unlikely that there would be genuinely that many restrictions,
but if there is then it is possible that the format supports it and I
could try to modify the code to accept it.

More likely it seems to me that a bug in the code results in it thinking
that there are lots more than there realy are under some condition, or
perhaps your style creates multiple extra restrictions some how.

Best wishes

..Steve