logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Object labels and zoom levels

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Thu Jun 18 17:06:26 BST 2015

I have the following problem in my maps: at low zoom levels MapSource
renders the name of some highway=* objects in places such as villages or
cities, but it doesn't show the names of the place=* object. Showing the
name of a street in a village you don't know which one is doesn't seem
to be very useful. Is there a way to control zoom level at which labels
are rendered, independently from the resolution of the named object in
the style? Is it possible to give precedence to place=* labels instead
of highway=* ones?

See attached screenshots of the same area at 5 km zoom level and high
detail level from my maps, openfiestmap and openmtbmap to note the
difference.