logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] superfluous country specific rules in inc/address?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jun 8 05:31:26 BST 2015

Hi Stephen,

I still have no idea what you mean, but feel free to try it out.

Gerd

Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 13:40:49 +1000
From: steve.sgalowski at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] superfluous country specific rules in inc/address?

gerd the reason behind my thinking was if you do in order of country , state, region , suburbyou end up with a less of a download on pc e.g. with basecamp and birdseye , imagery , if you do a 120 m pic it takes a while to download , but if you do a step down from  high quality , big area , to high quakity small area , it does not take a lot of  downloading power .
is this the same in the osm mapping .eg  you do a level 9 for suburb , and it takes a lot to produce , but a 5-9 does not ?
Stephen