logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Assigning a street to more than one city

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jun 7 18:50:10 BST 2015

Hi Carlos,

yes, I think this is possible, but requires a lot of rather complex changes.

Up to now we use the LocationHook to set the tags
like mkgmap:admin_level2 ..11 once for each way / road.
These tags are later evaluated in the style.

1st Idea:
We could change that so that the LocationHook checks the
values for each point of the road, if any of the tags changes
it could split the road and thus assign different mkgmap:admin_levelx
values to each part. The style would then assign different mkgmap:city
, mkgmap:region, or mkgmap:country etc. values.
A new method similar to the RoadMerger would collect the parts
and create one road with a list of cities.

Other idea:
Implement a set of rules which just sets mkgmap:country, mkgmap:region,
and mkgmap:country and mkgmap:postal_code for a pseudo element which has the tags
from the LocationHook. These rules would be evalulated for
each point of a road (after normal style processing).

Both versions are complex, I already thought about this before but
found no good reason to implement it.
I'll not have the time to do it during the next months.

Gerd