logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] simplify address rules

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jun 6 10:45:08 BST 2015

Hi all,

attached is a patch that removes all rules which I think are
superfluous.

I've also attached the modified inc/address file.

My understanding is that country specific rules should
only be used when the general rules don't work.
It makes no sense to have a specific rule
mkgmap:country=BEL & mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8}' }
when the next possible match is the general rule
mkgmap:city!=* & mkgmap:admin_level8=* { set mkgmap:city='${mkgmap:admin_level8}' }

Or is this meant as some kind of documentation (meaning we have verified these rules for Belgium) ?